- I was excited and nervous about doing spontaneous baptisms (wasn't sure anyone would take up our offer).
- 19 people were baptized this morning! 16 of them didn't plan on it when they woke up this morning, but God spoke to them and they went for it.
- What I thought was going to be a somewhat "clinical" talk on baptism, ended up stirring passion in me about God's salvation. You'll be able to download that message by Tuesday morning.
- Baptism gets its importance and meaning from the death, burial and resurrection that canceled our debt of sin and made a new life in Him possible.
- Baptism is a command of Jesus.
- How someone is baptize and when you are baptized speaks volumes about what you believe about salvation and membership in God's new covenant people.
- I really enjoyed preaching in swim trunks, a t-shirt and flip flops.
- I'm very, very proud of ALL the people who serve at Jubilee and make it happen. Truly a team effort.
- I'm very, very proud of our staff who made preparations last week.
- Wish I could do it all over tomorrow!
- Excited to preach on the baptism of the Holy Spirit next week.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
A few thoughts on an outstanding day at Jubilee Church (9am & 11am in the STL City Location).
Posted by Bryan's Blog at 10:07 PM