Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Recap

A few thoughts on an outstanding day at Jubilee Church (9am & 11am in the STL City Location).
  • I was excited and nervous about doing spontaneous baptisms (wasn't sure anyone would take up our offer).
  • 19 people were baptized this morning! 16 of them didn't plan on it when they woke up this morning, but God spoke to them and they went for it.
  • What I thought was going to be a somewhat "clinical" talk on baptism, ended up stirring passion in me about God's salvation. You'll be able to download that message by Tuesday morning.
  • Baptism gets its importance and meaning from the death, burial and resurrection that canceled our debt of sin and made a new life in Him possible.
  • Baptism is a command of Jesus.
  • How someone is baptize and when you are baptized speaks volumes about what you believe about salvation and membership in God's new covenant people.
  • I really enjoyed preaching in swim trunks, a t-shirt and flip flops.
  • I'm very, very proud of ALL the people who serve at Jubilee and make it happen. Truly a team effort.
  • I'm very, very proud of our staff who made preparations last week.
  • Wish I could do it all over tomorrow!
  • Excited to preach on the baptism of the Holy Spirit next week.