Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Lessoned Learned from a 3 year old

Since having children, a whole new world of learning has opened up to me. Watching them talk, play and interact with others has taught me principles of life in new and fresh ways.

For example Jesus says in Luke 18:17, "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter."

Now before children, I knew the principle was to have child-like faith. Got it. Checked that one off the list. But my kids show me this principle every day. Like just two days ago we were getting off a boat onto a dock and there was about two foot of space that I could span but my daughter could not. So she had to be handed to me. And I asked her, "Do you trust daddy to catch you?" And she said yes with a smile that I'll never forget.

This got me thinking. I want to trust God like that through transition periods in my life? When I'm going from one place to another, but there seems to be a gap that I can't span on my own, I want to trust God with out blinking an eye. I want child-like faith. I want to live with the attitude, "My daddy can do anything!" What about you?