Monday, June 30, 2008

Chicago

Sunday was a bit hectic day for Rachel and I. She worked in the nursery, I preached, and then we both rushed to the airport to catch a flight to Chicago. Despite a brief delay, we were able to join Fusion (our Chicago pioneering effort) for their 5:30 pm meeting, where I also had the privilege of speaking.

The group here in Chicago is a fantastic and wonderfully diverse group led by the very dynamic powerhouse known as Tim and Chloe Steinke. They meet in a Jewish Synagogue on the north side of the city of Chicago. They are strategically located in a diverse area about a 1/2 mile south of Loyola University and they are right on Michigan Lake - very beautiful.

Fusion is really doing the stuff! I felt right at home being amongst such a radical group (reminds me of the people of Jubilee!). Lots of prayer and prophecy in their meeting. The real highlight for me was when Tim and I prayed with a young man named Mike to receive Christ. God genuinely met with this young man! I may get to be a part of his baptism tonight...we'll see. Please keep them in your prayers as they continue to pioneer. You can stay connected through their website (click here).